Friday, March 12, 2010

Banquet 2010 "Good Work"


After hearing the testimonies of our graduates tonight,
I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He who began a good work in them will continue until the day of Jesus Christ- right to the time of His return- developing (that good work and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in them.)
For it is right for me to feel this way about them all because I have them in my heart.


What good work has God began in them & when did it start?

I want to share with you that good work is the gospel of Jesus Christ & it began before the foundation of the world

Eph 1:4 …In His love He chose us-actually picked us out for Himself as His own-in Christ before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy (consecrated and set apart for Him) and blameless in His sight, even above reproach before Him in love.

That good work continued as God Himself chose to leave heaven and be born of a virgin (Mary) and the bible says he grew and became strong in spirit.

As the ladies shared as they grew they were battered, abused, neglected, and abandoned their hearts grew cold & hard but His heart was strong in spirit and He never sinned.

That good work continued as He was beaten and abused and hung on the cross where He shed His precious blood. Blood that was without blemish. He who knew no sin became sin that we might be approved and acceptable and in right relationship with Him by His goodness.

Even though these ladies had a hard heart and committed all kinds of sin and all kinds of sin were committed to them Jesus valued them so much He become their sin and died in their place.

We see that the good work continued as Jesus’ lifeless body was laid in a borrowed tomb. Buried, forgotten by many, all hope seemed to be gone. But Jesus on the 3rd day rose up out of the grave. ALIVE.

1 Cor. 15:55 says O death where is your victory? O death where is your sting… Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory making us conquerors-through our Lord Jesus Christ.

John 10:10 says the thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy but Jesus came that they might have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance to the full, till it overflows.

Just at the moment when Satan thought he could strike a fatal blow and totally destroy their lives that good work continued and Christ arose. He was seen by many and ascended to heaven sat down at the right hand of the Father.

One day somewhere in jail cell or in a lonely motel room, standing in front of a judge, they came to their wits end and cried out Help Me God and He said I already have before the foundation of the world. Not only that I will give you my spirit, I will take out your hard heart and give you a new heart this will continue until the day of My return and these ladies will be with Him forever and ever. That’s the good work.

Now I must ask you, have you called out for help. Have you come to the end of yourself?

I want to take just a moment to offer you the best gift ever given which will be the most important thing we do tonight; the opportunity to give up and allow Jesus to begin that good work in you.

As I pray if you feel lead to pray with me and make this prayer your prayer.
Lord Jesus, I am a sinner. I do not have the peace of heart and mind that I heard tonight from the testimonies of these ladies. I’m lost, hopeless and in great need of help. Tonight I am saying Help Me Jesus. I confess Jesus as Lord I believe the day He died on the cross it was for my sin and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead. Thank you Jesus for beginning that good work in me before the foundation of the world. Tonight take out my heart of stone and give me a new heart. I choose to serve you and you only. Teach me our ways. In Jesus Name Amen.

If you prayed that prayer tonight we want to know. Give us a call. Tell someone who will help you about the decision you made.

At the first banquet Tommy invited a friend to set at his table. The friend said what’s it going to cost me to get in, Tommy said there is no cost to come to the banquet. Then the friend said well then what’s it going to cost me to get out.

This year we have had an increase of expenses, particularly due to an increase of students. However, our donations have stayed about the same. There have been some very close months. Each time God has proven He is faithful.

This next year we have the desire to expand our services. This has been on our hearts for some time. Many of our graduates have children and really need help getting back with their children. We would like to have a place for these ladies and their children.

We have two options one there is a house adjacent to the property for sale which we have made an offer on but our offer has been refused or we could build a house. Either way we need the money to get this done. And our monthly expenses will increase. I believe this is no problem for God. He already has what we need.

Offering taken

Thank you for coming tonight. God Bless you. Good Night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Athens, Tennessee, United States
Married to Tommy. Two children Don & John. Two daughter's in love Alison & Lauren. One Grandson Clark(John & Lauren's) and a granddaughter Capri (Don & Alison's)